Full Circle events - it's not just the taking part, it's the learning that counts
Team working and social events are useful tools for team leaders to create the right conditions for their teams to flourish – and a great way of combining a meeting with social activity is to hold an event.
The exact type of event, of course, depends on many factors: budget, the size of the team and the ability to get everyone together at the same time. These days team events do not just run themselves, they need to be filled with excitement and expertly managed and that means:
- venue / hotel selection and negotiation
- managing ground transportation
- food and beverage planning
- entertainment and off-site management
- interactive energizers to enhance team cohesion, ensure the audience is engaged and uplifted
- adequate staff to support the event, ancillary and special functions
- registration, including hospitality/delegate desk
- and management of extenuating circumstances
There is an ‘ i ’ in team
The ‘i’ in team is called Investment. We believe that all team events should be focused on delivering incremental business. In order to structure the team event to deliver to the bottom line, we:
- Identify specific situations (e.g. increased costs, adverse impact on business); cost to the company in terms of time, money; add in indirect cost e.g. the negative impact on morale and productivity.
- Set clear objectives in terms of timescales, opportunities and savings.
- Determine time and budget requirements and compare cost and time benefits to proposed investment
Team build solutions to business problems
Many employees have had dismal experiences of well-intentioned team-building events that fall flat. Sometimes, paintball, golf and Master Chef just will not pass muster. A poll referred to by Tirian.com in an article published in 4Hoteliers, revealed that only 5% of the people surveyed say team-building programmes are effective. Full Circle’s position again is: ‘team building is about building’ and we use numerous tools to help our clients achieve their objectives.